Why do I need a CRA account?
My Account is a secure online service offered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) that allows you to conveniently access your income tax and benefit information as well as manage your tax affairs all in one place.
You can access all your previous tax info in one place, set up your direct deposit to get your credit in your bank account directly (Yay!) and also update your personal details without any hassle.
What information do you need to create a CRA account for Individuals?
Go to https://bit.ly/2GmZZpi & click on CRA Register
Step 1 – Provide personal information
1. Enter your social insurance number (SIN).
2. Enter your date of birth.
3. Enter your current postal code or ZIP code.
4. Enter an amount you entered on one of your income tax and benefit returns. Have a copy of your returns handy. ...
5. Create a CRA user ID and password.
6. Create your security questions and answers.
After you complete step one of the registration process, you will have access to limited tax information on My Account. After you enter your CRA security code, you will have access to the full suite of services available in My Account, as well as the Auto-fill my return service.
You will receive the security code by mail in 10 business days after creating your account.
Step 2 – Enter the CRA security code
To access your account, return to My Account for Individuals, select "CRA login," and enter your CRA user ID and password. When prompted, enter your CRA security code.
Voila! Now you have your CRA My Account ready to use!